Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Riding out to lunch

Sir Cole, my grandson came and visited me today, oh and he brought along his mom and dad. Now is it just me or is this the most adorable young man on planet earth?



Cole laughing at Grandpa's tap dancing hand.





















Tonight was the memorial service for my mom. Incredible. So many people came and gave testimony how my mama affected their lives. My text could never capture what she meant for so many people so I will not try.



Tomorrow I will ride. I have plans to meet my daughter, son in law and Cole the magnificence for lunch at 11:30 in a town 35 miles from here.
They are headed back home, I wanted to ride today and wanted to have lunch with them. So I will head out early on my bike meet them in Dyersville and do both.




Thanks for all your support for this time I am in. If I could have 30 minutes back, time with mom, I would give what ever I had to give. I would tell her all these things that are spinning in my head. But we do not get that second chance. Speak to those that are close to your heart, before you can not.

Dave

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Very nicely said Dave. Your mama will always be in your heart.

I hope you had a good lunch with the yougins.

Tomorrow's a new day my friend!

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

I always told my mom and dad that I loved them. Like you I wish I could say it to them one more time.

It's tough, buddy, but I promise it gets better.