Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The best laid plans of mice and men and me.

Restrung my guitar a couple of weeks ago, had not had it out for a long time, I went from a rock band in the 60s to church music in the 90s to not playing at all. I thought I would strum again on my mama visits, it didn't happen, but got me thinking about playing.

Finally picked my first tomatoes from the garden tonight, it's about time, fresh picked really has the zing and the zang.



Started out late, noonish, packed the cyclecross was going to explore the rain damage, and pick up a dirt century. Some parts of this county got 9" Thursday, and 4 more inches last night. The first thing I saw one block from my house was this snapped Electric pole. The issue I have with you driver is not the drinking, it's risking everybody elses life because you are drunk and driving.








Took the back trail to Highway 52, where there was D.O.T. had trucks with flashing lights and road closed signs. I went around and headed to the town of Sageville. Then I ran into this, a newly formed lake where the edge of Sageville used to be. Houses with 7 feet of water in the first floor, and no way to get through.








I went back home and Birgit and I went out and explored. Roads and fields underwater, all over. After the car ride I went back out on my street bike and explored down by the river. Again parks under water, trails under water it is a mess. Rode about 50 miles today. Didn't get my dirt century in.








Tomorrow I am putting on the mud tires on the cyclecross and if I can get around the road blocks I am going to check out the damage, see if I can find a way through, it's a bad mess.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Prayers and well wishes to all those effected Dave.

Hope you and yours are doing well also!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Glad you're ok. Wish people hadn't lost their homes and businesses.

I'm interested in what you see tomorrow.

tainterturtles said...

Wow, you really did get hit with rain and flooding.

I wanna see pictures tomorrow as well.

Dan O said...

That's some flooding - hope it didn't effect too many people.

I have a guitar - can barely play a few chords on it. With the amp turned up and the distortion box plugged in - almost sounds like.....uh, something.

Anonymous said...

I wish you could send some of that rain down here. We've been too dry.