Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Come on Saturday

Went down to "All that Jazz" tonight. Outdoor music, sea of human madness. Drank beer and leaned against the wall with my lady and observed humanity. YeeeGawds hoards of folks, some very strange. I'm a Rock'n'Roll guy, not a Jazzer. So I didn't get down in the mosh pit.



Tomorrow the forecast is Hot, Hot, with humidity. That's OK packing plenty of fluids and hitting the trails on my bicycle early. When it has been hot, and I push the bike for hours, my toes would hurt, sorta like hot spots. So I modified a pair of my biking shoes and cut the toe ends off, will try them tomorrow, I think they will work.





Well, thanks for visiting, hope you had some fun today,

Dave

5 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Did you really cut your bike shoes? Ever thought about bike sandals with clips?

Have a good ride tomorrow, despite the HOT weather.

MrDaveyGie said...

Yeap, Lisa, I do have bike sandals with clips. I was wanting more support with the toes being open, so I sacrificed this pair to see how it works. I'm not even sure how many bicycling shoes I have so no big lost, will see how they work tomorrow.
Dave

KungFooSausage said...

lol you'll look like "Hobo Dave" with those shoes on :)

we;shcyclist said...

That's what I call innovation, or could it be intoenation. Great idea, when I'm riding, my gear has to be comfortable, much to the chagrin of the cycling fashionista. I always get the feeling that the lycra squad look at me with a certain amount of disdain, not only for riding their roads, but for failing to make the required effort garmentwise. What they forget is what it's all about, and that's summed up perfectly in the title of your blog, "Bicycling is Proof That God Loves Us And Wants Us To Have Fun".
Cheers and stay cool.

Unknown said...

I hope you do a review of your shoes and their success (or failure).

Looks like a great idea :)

Hope you had a great ride and have an awesome weekend!