Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Letter to Matthew Lee







After purchasing the "Ride the Divide" DVD and watching it a few times you have become my hero. So nonchalantly you continue to win the hardest bicycle race on the planet.




When it looks like a tornado brewing up down the road, you just say, 'looks like I am going to get rained on and head out into a violent thunder storm. Past Grizzly bears, up and down mountains and totally self supported.




So you can imagine my glee when I saw you on FaceBook. So hence I requested for you to be my FaceBook friend. Now I have not heard anything back yet from you. I do realize you were racing across mountain tops for the last month with very little communication, wining another Divide Ride. But now that is over.




Did you know that thee Lance Armstrong is one of my Facebook friends. Yes, it is true. Now I realize that he has 1.3 million other friends also. But I truly believe some of his posts are intended specifically towards me. Yeap, what do you think of that?

Now, grasp this, Jill Homer the women's record holder for the Divide Race is a FaceBookian friend of mine. WoooHoooo!!!!


Now I am going to let you in on a big secret. You must keep this under your hat. I understand from Madonna that the Paparazzi can be relentless with news breaks like this.



I am currently working on a rocket ship in my garage and plan on being the first human to circumnavigate the lunar landscape on a mountain bike. Yeap, it is true. I will be famous then, and you will be able to say I knew Dave before he became famous.




So thank you for reading and I look forward to seeing you on FaceBook.

Yours truly,


MrDaveyGie


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm building a space shuttle in my kitchen out of household appliances! WHo knew?

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Just might work.

FixieDave said...

ummmm hes not quite that cool ;)

Travel Gravel said...

You need to watch "The Astronaut Farmer" a few times through before you launch. While you're at it, check out the extras/blooper reel where Billy Bob Thornton does Astronaut farmer in the character of Slingblade. Now that is some funny stuff right there!

Clive Chapman said...

LOL! You crease me up mate!

Unknown said...

Cellarrat (aka Fixie Dave) - that is awesome!!

Dave you are a trip. Are we friends on FB because I am not important at all but I might be someday!!

Have a great weekend and hope your mom is comfortable and you guys are doing well!