Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Last 7 days 350 Miles.

Wanted to get today's ride in. Last day off, of a long weekend and seven days ago when I looked at my work schedule I saw I had 5 of the 7 days off work. So working around the thunder storms I rode every day I had off to the tune of a metric dirt century or more. That puts me at 350 miles for the last 7 days. 310 miles of it on gravel and trail with the Cycle Cross. That makes dirt metric century # 42 for the year.

I'm thinking that all those that made pledges based on my bicycling mileage for the United Way must think this is just a bit over the top. I've been asked by some how do we know your really doing this many miles? They don't understand, there is nothing to fabricate, it is not about the destination, or miles. It's the journey, the mileage is just after the fact. There is nothing to fake, if I could never pedal another mile again, then it's zero. I will miss the journeys.

Weather has been warm and humid lately, which makes thunderstorms pop up at anytime. I got rained on for over half of today's 62 mile trail ride. Sometimes the horizon looked a deep black bluish and threatening. Legs and knees are behaving, and recovering well. I have to be more careful at recuperation at 57 years of age then I used to be. Met a couple of other "bikers" out there, we were chatting and becoming quite concerned about how black the sky was getting. We both went different ways hoping to miss it. I did, not sure if Dan did.



Ok that is enough rain for now.

Over and out.

Dave

4 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Is that picture for real? Yikes! Did you remember to granny down????

Amazing mileage.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

350 WAY TO GO! and gravel no less.
You got my max miles beat, buddy. Nice job.

mrbill said...

Good thing your had those "High Rise Bars", send more rain!

Lily on the Road said...

Holy crap you've been busy! Just catching up and saying HI!