Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

You gotta take care of the horses.

If you got a good horse, you gotta take care of her. So tonight I work on my ride for tomorrow. It needed it. Tires changed, brake pads replaced, cables adjusted, cleaned up drive train, etcetera.
Used to be I would not want to take a good bike in gravel. I modified a wore out road bike to ride gravel. Now my best bike if for dirt and gravel. 54 dirt centuries last year on this bike. I think the best thing you can do with a good bike is to wear it out. It's worth it. Take good care of it, make it last, but wear it out. I'm hoping for a good journey tomorrow. Going to head south west on a mix of gravel and trail. I have tomorrow off. My knee is bothering me some, but it needs to straighten out and come along for a ride. Oh and the weather forecast tomorrow simply RoCks...
Thanks for visiting
Dave

2 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

If you take good care of them they take good care of you.

tainterturtles said...

Be nice to your bike....that's my outlook! Hey, have a good ride tomorrow.