Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Going Mud'n tomorrow.


Well I have tomorrow off, the day will start in the teens and reach 40 F. Plans are to ride the trails for 6-8 hours. I'm thinking mud, snow, ice, thawing, or in other words a mess. Picture is from spring of 08 and a my modified road bike I set up to ride trail, well I put on the widest tires I could 38cc. Shortly after this I decided to buy my Trek XO2 cycle cross for this style of riding. That bike has never disappointed me since. It must seem peculiar to many how us die hards a.k.a. "nutters" can enthusiastically look forward to grinding through the mud, sliding on ice, and plowing through snow. Like I do tomorrow. :-)
Tomorrow I will take the "fat girl" my hard tail with fat studded tires. It is hard to tell what is best to ride, but I think there will plenty ice with all the thaw/freeze cycles lately. It'll be fun.
Over and out.
Dave

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Wow, 6-8 hours of riding the snow & ice trails? You just amaze me. Go and ride my friend.

Steph said...

have fun gettin' dirrrty :)

skippy said...

Enjoyed your blog, please put me on the email list as some really nice photos here!