Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Riding with thee Lance A.

Ok first of all I was only kidding about the Gnome yesterday, geeeesh, do you think I am that nutz? Ummm 2nd thought don't answer that.






Riding with Lance A today. Yes thee Lance A. no, not Armstrong, Lance Andre. He is in town for about a week. Lance is one of the better ultra endurance racers in the country with wins and placing in many bike races including Dirty Kanza, Gravel Worlds, Triple D, Susitna 100, and Arrowhead 135. His bike you see in these pics is the one I ordered cept my is an aluminium frame and not titanium like Lance's.

I saw it with my own eyes today he rode over a 24 inch log with that FatBike, his BB got hung up and he hopped it up and over.




Lance has hired a coach, now, and is training full steam ahead. He has a lot of big races under his belt, and has now been invited to Iditrod, which is invitational only.



So it was a good ride, one stop for fluids and one stop to remove fluids.
I've got some changes to make in my FaTBike order to make after talking some hardware over selections today. We rode to my house and I loaned him a couple bicycle DVDs, RAAM, and The Great Divide and he rode off, his coach has him down today for 6 hours of ride time.


Was Metric #83 for me.
Came home and grilled burgers and chicken and ate like a ravenous dog.


Ok, tomorrow I gotta tell you something about hornet's nest.

RideON,

DAve.



4 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

I like the look of that bike better than the Pugsley, and I think aluminum is much better than steel.

tainterturtles said...

I'm sure riding with Lance was a treat! What a guy....I'm impressed.

That FatBike looks pretty sweet. I think you should call it the "snow machine."!

Dan O said...

Lance sounds like a bad ass - and a nice guy.

Man, those tires are freaking huge.

mrbill said...

I'd need a motor to pull those tires, yall are animals, I mean that in a good way.