Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Somebody please stop me.

I heard my road bike is taking me to Civil Court, and suing me for desertion. It has been all rock ride lately on the Cycle Cross. Rumor has it that Birgit and the bike are talking and going to file a joint action law suit. I don't blame them. I went out and did another dirt century on the Cross bike today/tonight.

I was surprised I had the energy, legs were holding a good pace until the last hour, then I completely ran out of gas. I put my head down and tried to hold on to 14 mph, with one goal, to finish and get off the bike. You gotta love it.

At 20 miles I had all ready finished off what fluids I brought along, I was headed to the town of Dyersville 14 miles further, and hook up with the pop machine. When I got there the pop machine was not working, no problem, I knew of another. Guess what that one didn't work either. I am thinking of calling my Congressman and reporting this. So I knew heading home with out acquiring addtional fluids was not a good idea, I was thirsty with more then 31 miles to go yet.

This is the town with the "bubbler" from Mexicana hell, that delivered Montezuma's revenge the one time I drank from it. I figured with the 8th grade job fair I am participating in the next couple of days, it would be too risky to experiment with it's recurrence. So I found a Mart in town stocked up and headed towards home.
Home and chill'n now.
I think I need 25 more Metrics for the year.

I just got my new Photo Scanner in tonight. Here are my sons Joshua and Caleb 18 years ago. This is the bicycle trailer I used to pull them around town in as often as I could. We had a blast, as you can see they are so excited they can't even open their eyes.





Thanks for visiting.
BikeON,
DAve.

6 comments:

dawn marie giegerich said...

Your new name will be "The Punisher."

tainterturtles said...

I think we had the same bike trailer when our kids were little.

I sure worry about you sometimes with lack of liquid! How about using a backpack to carry bottles of liquid??? Really.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

My addiction has pissed off more than one woman, but my bikes don't seem to complain.

MrDaveyGie said...

Thanks Lisa for the idea. I underestimated my water needs. I actually made provisions for four bottle racks on my Cross bike, with 32 ounces each. However I only took one bottle and a bottle of Mountain dew, thinking it was cool enough.Next time better to have too much then not enough.

Unknown said...

You have been a maniac for a long time I see! Awesome picture!

Keep hydrated!!!!

KungFooSausage said...

You want to drill and tap your bike frame then fill it with liquid for emergency refreshment. Or put water in your inner tubes.