Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'll huff and puff and blow your bike away



Ugggg. Wind you suck when you blow. I left work early, to ride until evening. Somewhere between the exit door and my car in the parking lot, I realized, and had a hard time saying, "I can't ride today"



We actually had the state record wind gusts of up to 60 mph.
There will be downed trees all over the trail, and I had to throw that risk into the ride cancellation also.


I kept thinking of a way to manage a ride but it wasn't going to happen.



Tomorrow I probably have to work late, so I will wait to Thursday to saddle up and pedal round.

This did give my knee a rest, it has flared up some and I took this opportunity to ice er down.

I so want to complete my goal of 100 dirt centuries. I need to get as many rides in before snow. Snow on the trail can make a 62 mile ride take longer then 10 hours.


Oh, congratulations to son Caleb. He attended Junior College graduated #1 in his welding class and has now been hired by John Deeres here in town.






So I now presented you Caleb morphed.




So ride a bike when you can, you never know when you can't
RideON,
DAve.

6 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Way to go, Caleb!

You'll get 'em all in Dave.

Unknown said...

I didn't think that anything would keep you off the bike! But that was a nasty wind.

Better safe and riding the next day!

Steph said...

I heard on the radio that the wind we had yesterday, if it had been over water, would have been a cat 3 hurricane!!!

crazy

mrbill said...

I was wondering about the weather up there, must have been bad to keep DaveyGie down. Good for Caleb and that means good for Dad.

Courtney Hilton said...

Wind Blows!

tainterturtles said...

I'm not sure I could ride in 60 mph gusts either. Those 35 mph wind gusts in September were bad enough on me. Thursday should be better for you.

Yippee Caleb....good job son.