Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A cat that stunk, and The Man in Orange.

I took off work early to ride metric gravel #81. I felt tired. Sometimes you ride tired. You just do. Somehow it makes tired feel better. Knowing the difference between tired riding, and not riding when your exhausted is important.

The ride felt good, weather is changing, kept leg warmers, wool long sleeves, and Polartec hat on the whole ride.

My two county worker buddies I've met from riding out here often, pulled up next to me in their pick up truck, rolled down the window and shouted at me "Number 80?"

I said, "Nope 81." and I got the thumbs up and they rode away.

Only saw one other rider the whole day, "The Man in Orange" I pulled along side and asked him where he was headed, he said, "Dyersville."

I said, "Me too."

I pulled away, and ran into him later as I was headed back, he gave big smile and waved, he had reached Dyersville.



I saw this little kitty on today's ride. She really needed a bath, she stunk.
The creek edge

Soon I have to dedicate a half a day, and do trail maintenance, I have this "path" I take out of town, it has so my downed small trees that getting on and of the bike is become a pain in the buttocks. I will be taking my bow saw out this way and clearing a path. The other option is riding the fog line on a winding highway a bit too risky if you ask me.

Well I claimed even more area in the house, for biking stuff, "The Biking Box" This is where I put the quick grab stuff before headed out the door, that way I don't have to look for the "necessities" OH OH DO YOU SEE WHO I SEE?????? That is where Creepy Baby has been hiding.
Thanks for your visit.

DAve

5 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

81!

tainterturtles said...

That's a funny looking kitty. Not sure my kitty would want to play with that stinky kitty.

Creepy baby sure shows up in weird places. I think the baby needs it's own bedroom....really!

dawn marie giegerich said...

73 days divided by 19 rides equals one new ride every 3.842 days. Oh, this is a challenge. I will open that first bottle of champagne . . .

Unknown said...

You are a machine Mr. Dave of Dubuque!!

Watch out for those types of cats - they always smell!

Great job animal!

Steph said...

81--- awesome!

A group of my friends got sprayed on the trail about a month ago. HAA!!!