Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas riding

Rode around this icy old town, through parks, down streets and bike paths. Freddies did me good. (my heavily studded tires) Mixture of wet pavement and icy patches did not biff once, came close a few times. This bluff is over the Mississippi River up in Eagle Point park. I was the only human being up there.


Below is the bike path up to the park. You can see where people made foot prints and all the other snow melted around the prints leaving these ice bumps.


LQQKing north up the mighty Mississip.

O, and Merry Christmas to everybody, those in these winter zones like me, find ways to enjoy, cabin fever is painful and this is starting to look like a long winter.
Peace and happy riding.
Dave

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Hey, good for you Mr D for getting out in the cold, wet, snowy weather. Love those Mississip pics...what a great view too. With that view, who wouldn't want to get out and ride!

I am afraid my lake riding has turned to "s" with all the warm temps and rain/snow. Wait till it freezes...then I'll be riding on TOP of the crusty snow, ha!

MrDaveyGie said...

Yeap, all this soft slushy snow we have around here is now freezing jaggedly hard. Will see if I can find something ridable tomorrow.

:-)