Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hey hey it's the weekend.

Brought this girl home yesterday from the bike hospital she needed some professional service. She is praying for snow, ice, and sluch, SICK'O that she is.






Seems I spent a lot more time tuning and repairing bikes that ride snow, then my pavement bike. Snow, slush, and salt takes its toll on bike hardware. My front disk brake pads are have been eaten up by salt the last two winters.



Now I don't know about you, but this picture says "let's ride" there is something special about riding when just about everybody else isn't. The quietness, the thoughts, the challenge, it rocks.




I'm having trouble getting the BarMitts to fit right with the Titec H-Bar maybe I will try ATV/Snowmobile bar mitts. I need the BarMitts. When the temps get below 10 F I can't keep my fingers warm without. Using mitten with glove inserts, doesn't allow a good grip on the bars and braking and shifting dexterity.

Though I missed the last few days riding, the plans are back to back to back dirt metrics, SatSunMon. Temps will be in the 30s for lows and 40s for highs,


70% change of rain tomorrow. So it looks like a cold soak is going to occur.
Life is good.
gotta go
thanks for stopping
dave









6 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Looks like you'll be on the warm side of the storm, so no snow for you. Looks like the snow rain line will be right over the Twin Cities. Literally snow in Mpls rain in St Paul. Hard to plan for that.
I sure am impressed with how you've gotten all the gravel centuries in.

dawn marie giegerich said...

Whoa,THOSE are tires. I see the bike is back in the dining room.

Unknown said...

When does the fatback arrive??

Have a great weekend!

MrDaveyGie said...

Hi Billy G, I am not sure I just wrote Greg from Speedway cycles asking that same question.

Anyword on your MukLuk?

Michael Lemberger said...

Yeah, those ATV bar mitts work really well on H-bars as long as you don't feel the need to use the front part of them like an aero bar. I keep extra gloves and food in mine and they also have little pockets for chemical handwarmers.

MrDaveyGie said...

Thanks Michael, I have the ATV bar mitts on order.