Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Damp, dreary, drizzly and fun.


Sat around on my butt after work, Judge Judy turned into the 5:00 news and one thing led to another. Couldn't seem to get myself going and saddle up the bicycle. The lazy fat blob part of my brain starting talking to me. Telling me things like it's starting to rain, I'm tired, my knee could use a rest, make something to eat, yadda, yadda, yadda.

So I tried to command myself and said, "GET UP!!!!" "GET GOING" "RIDE YOUR BIKE"

So I did, felt good, felt strong. Rode my hill climbing route, legs did their job, blasted the hills, pushed myself the whole route. I disappointed the fat blobby guy part of my brain, but that's a good thing. You can develop good habits as well as bad habits. Today I chalk one up for the good habit. :-)


Ride on, ride often.

Dave

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Good thing you talked yourself into a ride, otherwise your brain would have been screaming at you in your sleep tonight.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Hard to believe, but your addiction seems to be getting stronger.