Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mama don't let your babies grow up to be bicyclers.

A old railroad bridge, converted to bicycle trail.




Temps started out at 42F for today's ride and made it up to 64F. That's a 22 degree rise. So dressing in layers and a zippered jacket, zippered wool long sleeve jersey and a zippered short sleeve jersey, allows for good temperature control, either by opening up zippers or removing leg warmers, and jacket, and pulling arm covers up and over the elbows as the day warmed up.



Started out with a stop at son's Joshua house, and said "hey Joshie when are you going to return my hair clippers, I need to give myself a haircut ?" Josh said he'd be up later and drop it off.






Good ride, 62 miles on gravel, steady pace, Metric dirt century #70. Saw this memorial in the woods, rode by here at least a hundred times and this was the first time I've seen this. Makes me wonder who this fellow was. I am going to do some research and see if I can find out what the story is here.





Have you ever rode across rocks like these and have a rock go flying with the velocity to drop a rhino? You can really feel the snap, and here the "bonk" Well now I understand now that these rocks build up significant amounts of energy before they fly. Yeap I read it all right here on Gravelo's blog.


Arrived home, hungry, and ate 3 brats, and a peanut butter sandwich. GOOD GRIEF!!! PIG OUT, no wonder I can't fit into my kindergarten graduation suit anymore.

And I still have no hair clippers yet. JOSH!!!!!

Well I didn't get the garage stained again this weekend. Seems biking was on top of the priority list. Not the first or the last chore by a long shot that will get put off for a life centered around long bicycling rides.

All I can say is, "Mama don't let your babies grow up to be bicyclers"



Get on your bikes and ride.

Dave

6 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

We are slackers, no doubt.

Travel Gravel said...

Another similarity between bikers, I have been cutting my own hair for about 7 or 8 years. At first, looking back, it must have been obvious to others. White walls on the sides, and choppy on top. Fortunately, I've hit my baldness at a time when I can do a nice job with what's left! My brother in law (a biker too)cuts hits too. Shaves it actually.

tainterturtles said...

Wow, three brats? That's called recovery!!!!

Clive Chapman said...

Cut my own hair too, shavers are the way forward!

Dan O said...

3 Brats and a peanut butter sandwich? Yuck - quite the combo.

No - I don't cut my own hair...

we;shcyclist said...

Gary L. Mc Geough, (The Wiz), I'd be interested to know the story as well, you've whetted my curiosity. Great riding, and great fun, thanks for sharing your rides.