Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ok here's the plan.


Well,,,my plan is to get on my bicycle shortly and head out to country roads and not stop till I have 62 miles in (100K). WHY? I ask myself, why would this 56 year old, over weight carcass with multiple knee surgeries, a back fusion with yard and house work needing to be done spend his day doing such. I guess the simple answer is, because I enjoy doing so. That has been my pattern my whole life, from competitive power lifting until the back said n0 more, competitive running until my knee said no more, long distance swimming clubs that I will do again. So that being said, I go play.
Here is something George Sheehan said, I highly recommend his book "Running and Being"
"Fitness has to be fun. If it is not play, there will be no fitness. Play, you see, is the process. Fitness is merely the product."

No comments: