Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Escapism

One of those days at work I don't like. My personality finds it easier to work with equipment easier and much more predicable then working and overseeing people. Today I had to tell a man, an apprentice, that he is not doing the job. Which means he can no longer be employed in that position. I don't like to do that, but I had too. It was the right thing to do.


But that being said, my point is this. I had a bicycle ride to escape into. To remove any feelings of awkwardness, to fly away, for as long as I please, and that I did.

Found this table on the road to no where.

Now the day is over,

Thanks for visiting.

Dave



8 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

It never ceases to amaze me what a bike ride can fix.

Craig said...

Likewise. What I'm thinking about five minutes before a ride is seldom what I'm thinking about five minutes into a ride.

dawn marie giegerich said...

Tough one for sure, and what is that table all about anyway?

Bill G said...

That table scares me. Interesting!

Never fun letting someone know they are not working out but it will be for the better on both ends.

Have a great day Dave and glad to see you back riding!

Steph said...

LOL what was up with the table of random stuff?

MrDaveyGie said...

That table seems so surreal as I pedaled past. It is next to a large cemetary, and next to a road that has no trespassing signs. I suspect it is leftovers from grave decorations.

Trevor Woodford said...

Always a difficult task to carry out...particularly when it affects someones occupation....I am just glad that I no longer have to do it...!

A bike ride is a panacea for virtually everything...!!

-Trevor

tainterturtles said...

In my occupation, I've had to let 3 people go....it's hard but it comes with the job. I'm glad you could use your cycling as a way to relax and not think about work.

Cycle your heart out!