Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

HOW I LOVE THIS RIDE


Woke up to the sound of snow plows + a body feeling good + a day off + and this........
So the sum of that equation can only mean this.....
 
I checked the weather forecast before heading out and saw it was going to hang around 29 degrees all day. I pick my clothing combination pretty specific for the weather conditions. What I failed to take into consideration was the wet snow. I was soaked by mile 20. Feet, hands, upper torso. That made me cold. That made me pedal harder to stay warm. Following snow mobile tracks I could see two other bicycle tracks. I wanted to see who this was but never did find them. I turn off the "main trail" and follow a path with no tracks in the snow. Something special about laying "virgin tracks." The serenity of riding on fresh snow, the quietness, brings an inner peace to me. I love this ride. Life now seems perfect, and time doesn't matter.
 
 
But as the sun was starting to drop over  the hill it was now time to turn around and head home. Thoughts are now going back to things I need to do, work plans, this weeks schedule, and so on. Seems they just surfaced with my change of direction. I will be back this way again, and again. 
 
 
 
 
 
Cheers to you, hope you found time to play this weekend too.
Dave
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

dawn marie giegerich said...

Nice pix. Geez, our noses are getting big.