Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME IS BETTER THEN A TOTAL FRONTAL LOBOTOMY



.....drank a few beers too many last night, was at "All that Jazz" first one of the year, downtown, outside. So upon awakening this morning, I told all complaining body parts we were going to hit it hard today. Air was warm, heavy and humid. Rode a Metric in the Gravel, thought about a few thousand things, things to do, things I've done, and days gone by, and days ahead.  Rode until I had no more legs left, felt good, feel zapped.
I wrote Nick and Cup-O-Dirt and told him that was #11 for the year. The crew at Cup-O-Dirt have elevated me to a deity status, somehow I blew right past sainthood, and into deity, good grief!!!

Last year I had 32 Gravel Metrics in at this time. I'm glad I am not doing such this year. Gives me more freedom, like tomorrow to ride hilly pavement on my road bike. The feeling of freedom I think is a big part of why many of us are always bicycling as much as we can. We really can't fly on our own power, so flying on two wheels is a close 2nd to those feelings.

Stopped and took a picture of all this beef cooling down in the creek.

 Oh, and Happy Papa's day tomrrow to all the Papas out there. Raising kids has taught me everything I know about life. Raising kids as a single parent showed me more about myself, good and bad, then any other experience could have. Thank you Melissa, Joshua, and Caleb for being who you are.

8 comments:

Craig said...

11 metrics? I've got some catching up to do.

Trevor Woodford said...

Your thoughts on the 'freedom' of cycling touches a chord with a lot of us....

-Trevor

tainterturtles said...

Glad you are back to metrics! Enjoy the miles.

Happy Father's Day Davie G....

Dan O said...

No matter what configuration - you put some serious mileage in.

Happy Father's Day!

dawn marie giegerich said...

Yes, single parenthood is a true awakening. There's no one else to blame it on. Well written.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Props on the metrics.

Bill G said...

Great job on the metrics again! How is the body holding up (Shoulder and sorts)?

Have a great day and Happy Belated Father's Day

Steph said...

Freedom:)


Happy father's day to you!