Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

SATURDAY
Seems the best way for me to relax is to ride a bike in offroad places that are challenging in several ways. Is that good or bad I don't know. I have been working on my bike on and off this past week, trying to make 100mm rims work with fork spacing and with 2X9 gears. I was amazed how much difference that made, with the fatter tires and where I can now ride. With 40% more "foot print" on my tires, I can now ride off trail and bushwhack all over Iowa country side. So I have been.
 8 hours of this today, and only saw one other human being out here, I wonder what everyone else was doing.
I got to thinking about winter camping and packing overnight gear. Riding all day and then camping off trail somewhere. Making a campfire, sipping from a flask of Blackberry brandy and listening to the coyotes as I fall off to sleep and riding again when the sun comes up. I suppose that puts me in a minority, and that's ok.  I can't wait.
SUNDAY
Find out where this path goes, I saw today.


Some pictures of Sunday's ride below.
























Cheers, thanks for stopping by, and hope you get a chance to play too.
Dave

5 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

Keep on playing Dave...it sounds great.!

-Trevor

dawn marie giegerich said...

I do remember a comment you made YEARS ago and I don't mean to embarrass you but it was so damn funny and it was in regard to your opinion on camping. You said, I don't believe in camping, my bed is paid for so why should I go sleep on the ground and come home smelling like bacon. This was years before your present insanity manifested itself so I'm thinking your opinion on this matter has changed.

MrDaveyGie said...

@ Dawn, ha ha, I know I thought of that, I also said "I do my camping at the Holiday Inn" I'm not claiming I am sane....:-)

tainterturtles said...

Looks like a fun ride Davie G! Really, you want to winter camp...burrr!

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Don't worry Lisa, his bike will keep him warm.